How to apply for your provisional driving license:
Before you start learning to drive or book your theory or practical driving tests you’ll need to apply for a provisional driving license.
Who can apply for a UK provisional driving license?
- Anyone over the age of 15 years 9 months is able to apply
- If you can read a number plate from 20 metres away (with glasses/contact lenses if required)
- UK residents
How can you apply for your provisional driving license?
There are 2 ways to apply for your license:
Complete a D1 application form, which you can acquire from the Post Office.
Send to DVLA, Swansea, SA99 1AD
You’ll need to include a passport photograph and an identity document
Download your D1 application form here.
You’ll need to provide
- Details of a UK passport or other ID
- National insurance number if you know it
- Proof of your last three years of addresses
If you need any help feel free to contact us